5 Fun Valentine’s Day Ideas For The Last Minute Girl (like me!)
1. Hit the road, Jack. Some of my favorite memories with Anthony are when we have taken spur of the moment mini-getaways for the weekend. We love going places like bed and breakfasts, secluded cabins, or a fun hotel in a quaint city. It doesn’t have to be fancy to be fun! A couple years ago we stayed at this bed and breakfast in Eureka Springs and just had the best time! If you are from Arkansas and ever want ideas of where to go with your special someone or even your girlfriends, make sure and email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) I could practically be a tour guide for this state!
2. Have an indoor picnic. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to mean getting gussied up and making reservations at the nicest restaurant in town. If you are feeling more low-key on this day, order your favorite take-out, set up a quilt by the fireplace, light candles, wear your cutest pj’s and settle in for the night.
3. Make it a day-date. If you are lucky enough that Valentine’s Day falls on a weekend, like this year, then having a day-date could really switch your Valentine’s routine up! Last year Anthony and I celebrated during the day and we loved missing out on all the crowds. We met up at our favorite lunch spot, then we both chose where we wanted to go shopping to pick out a little happy gift. We topped off the day with fro-yo and then were back at the house by 5. It really was a perfect day together!
4. Hand make a thoughtful gift. Now I know what all you, let’s say, less than crafty girls are thinking…probably the last thing you want to do is make something! Trust me, I am NOT a crafty person, but making something sweet doesn’t always involve glue and hours of frustration. When Anthony and I were first dating I made him a little “picture book.” All it included was pictures of us and a couple of sweet notes scattered throughout. It was stress and mess free! Just the way I like it. Plus, we still pull out that book to this day and love looking through it!
5. Make dinner together. I know that a lot of girls on this day make dinner for their boyfriend or spouse, but what I think is an even better idea is making dinner together! Okay, maybe I am just speaking for myself because, to be honest, I really don’t enjoy cooking that much (don’t judge!) but I do have so much more fun doing it with someone else by my side. So turn on some music, sing into your spatula, dance like crazy, and try not to burn whatever you’re making while doing so (I speak from experience…) It will be a fun bonding time for you and your man and you will reap the benefits of a delicious meal afterward.
And for all the single ladies out there, don’t think of Valentine’s Day as “Singles Awareness Day.” Some of my best memories on Valentine’s were spent with my favorite girl friends! So go ahead and enjoy yo-self and eat massive amounts of candy and junk food (at least that’s what I would do!)
I’d love to hear what your plans this Saturday are going to be, or if you have any more fun ideas to add to this list!
Hi friends! Want to keep up with my latest fashion finds?
Subscribe to get my latest content by email.